Sunday 20 September 2009

Lamb to the slaughter? I think not!

Rachel's collection, 'the skin I'm in', drew heavily on her Celtic heritage. She mixed an earthy colour palette with flowing silk jersey and structured leather. As the pace of the models and music quickened, the draping became more distinctive, symbolising the wrinkles formed during the aging process.

However, I did feel as if the accessorizing was a little cliched. As the models had rosary beads hanging from their wrists. I'm probably being harsh, as she could of gone one step further and had her models strutting along to the sound of The Cranberries (I'm glad she didn't).


Putting that aside, her collection was one of great beauty and femininity, and as one half of Kingston's debut pair, she sets very high standards for not only future MA students but for debut designers as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of having drapes which relates to the aging process...that's some pretty in-depth thinking going on there...I love the colour of the fabric in the light...


    Lovings Jojo xxx

    ReplyDelete